Right for the beginning of Christmas time, I realized I had some frozen cranberries left which were lying in the freezer for a while now. One of my favourite winter teas is white chai and cranberry, so I thought vanilla in muffins might be a good fit! They are super fast and easy to make and will guaranteed be a hit on your next Christmas party.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegan butter or margarine
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- one pack of vanilla sugar (around 7,5g)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup of (frozen) cranberries
- 1/2 cup of oatmilk (or any other plant-milk you like)
- icing sugar for topping (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 450° degree. Mix flour, sugar, vegan butter, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon and vanilla sugar together in a mixing bowl. Then slowly ad milk while still stirring the dough, until it has a thick consistency (for me that’s always around 1/2 cup). Finally add the almonds and cranberries by mixing them in with a spoon. Put them in the oven for 15 minutes and enjoy! If you want them to look a little nicer, add some icing sugar on top.