It is almost SUMMER! Time for some fresh, fruity, fancy muffins with juuuust the right crunch. These are easy to make and need absolutely no food coloring for this fancy look. The elderberries will do the job.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of melted vegan butter
- egg replacer equals 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup of almonds (crushed)
- 1 cup of elderberries (frozen or fresh)
- coconut flakes for topping (optional)
- some more almonds for topping (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Then mix flour, sugar, and the vanilla sugar. Melt the vegan butter and prepare the egg replacer. Mix this in as well. Crush the almonds and add, then add the elderberries in the mix. If you buy frozen elderberries, check if they still have their stems and don’t do it like me the first time and bake the stems with the muffins ;-). Fill all of this in your muffin moulds. If you have metal moulds, I recommend greasing them a bit before with some more vegan butter. Silicone usually works without. Bake for around 20 minutes and enjoy!